Model: Brother DCP-J4110DW
Type: ink-jet with flatbed scanner
One of the printers in InitLab is multifunctional ink-jet network enabled printer Brother DCP-J4110DW.
Installation steps for Linux/OSX for printing:
- You will need to install CUPS (which is a local print server/software for your PC/laptop)
- Download the latest available deb/rpm packages from the official Brother website or from the wiki backup link:
- Install the 2 packages for your distribution.
- Go to CUPS (http://localhost:631): Administration menu link > Add Printer button > Select the Discovered Network Printers: Brother DCP-J4110DW option and finish the rest of the installation with default settings.
- Go to the Administration menu link > Manage Printers button > Click on the new printer DCPJ4110DW > From the Administration drop down list, choose Modify Printer.
- Note: Adding new printer to CUPS requires administrative access, so you should expect authentication prompt for your local credentials during the setup!
- Select the LPD/LPR Host or Printer option > set the Connection URI to lpd://172.31.190.41/BINARY_P1 and finish the installation.
- Now you should be able to test the printing.
Note: those drivers contains proprietary binary files for the USB/Network install.
On Windows, you can install the standard Brother driver and choose the Network option during installation.